Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

Today brings back memories of a normal drive to work talking with co-workers and then the tragic news of a plane hitting the world trade center, TV's at work showed the fire and smoke and people running in terror from debris, internet sites news sites appeared on computers at work, and the phones stopped ringing, as a second plane hits the world trade center.

For me this was a hard day when I receive a call from my mother telling me the pentagon has been hit and a family member works there. In the midst of all this tragedy and sadness, the good news was Ronnie was not at work that day in the pentagon.

The day became a sad day for America for me the people I work with and the families of the victims. Our carefree life in America will forever be changed. I felt sad mad and hatred.

Each year I reflect back to that day and the scenes of upper management at work huddled around a television trying to make sense of what they are seeing, and how to tell there employees. I remember conversations both in and out of the building and I remember the sadness felt by all everyone was effected that day even those who did not have family that were taken from them, That day America changed the change was both good and sad. I saw people come together in the midst of the terror that normally would not for a day black and white did not matter we came together both in fear and in anger.

Each year the memories of this tragic day haunt all of us in America, We overlook the good things of this day the births the marriages we forget joy and look back on tragedy, today for the first time I am the DJ at a wedding on this day. I can see beyond the sadness of the date 9/11 and know I will be a small part of someone else’s happy memories of such a sad date.

To the families of those lost on 9/11 I offer prayer and my thoughts and sadness of your loss, for those who have gone after those who did this to my home my America thank you for all you do and your sacrifices. To those who have and do still defend my freedoms there are not words to express my gratitude to you.

Today of all days should not be a day to hate, as we all know hate is what has placed such sad memories of this day, Today should be a day to reflect on those innocent people who lost their lives, their families whose lives were changed forever. In addition, our troops who have given their lives to protect us from attacks like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment